About the Seminar
Research is an endeavor to discover truth. It is a careful investigation and enquiry with an endeavour to find relevant facts, which will be useful in the future. The purpose behind conducting research is to find solutions to a fundamental problem. If we have a quality research outcome, then it might lead to further improvements in the society, directly or indirectly.
The basic aim and purpose of conducting research is to inculcate original thinking and analysis, but extensive copying and plagiarism counters such purpose. There is no shortcut to truth. Academic research is the foundation of innovative ideas. Academic research is a tool for building knowledge and facilitating learning. Higher education is preparation for qualified researchers who would continuously develop the frontiers of knowledge. Quality within this viewpoint is more about research publications and transmission of the academic rigour to do quality research. Not only plagiarism act as detrimental for the field of scholarship but it has been found that this menace of plagiarism is prevalent among university students. Thereby affecting them in numerous tangible and intangible ways. Plagiarism is also regarded unethical because when a researcher projects somebody else’s work as his own original work, it might be regarded as a kind of fraud. It hurts the intellectual property right of the original owner, depicts disrespect of the researcher towards his peers and questions the integrity and honesty of the researcher.
Therefore, the current seminar is an effort to enlighten the research scholars on research ethics and publication ethics. The seminar will provide the scholars with an overview on how to up bring an original research work and to understand the core principles of ethical research. Thereby the participant would strive to become an ethical researcher and produce an original quality research work.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SEMINAR
The main objective of the seminar is to familiarize the participant with integrity and ethics in research and publication.
- To build research capability among young scholars and faculties in the area of law, management, economics and other branches of social sciences.
- To give insights on the right way to plan and handle each of the research stages
- The participants will also receive specific guidance on how to approach every part of a research paper, including the introduction, methods, results, discussion, acknowledgments, literature citation etc.
- To discuss and explore the possible solutions to overcome research challenges.
- To ease research publication and getting it published in reputed journal with high impact factor.
- To give opportunity to the participants to enhance their contribution with an impact in their respective research area.
The theme of the seminar is ‘Enhancing Research Integrity and Upholding Publication Ethics.’
SUB- THEMES FOR THE SEMINAR
- Research, Ethics and Academic Honesty
- Ethics in research writing and conflict of interests
- Intellectual honesty
- Academic Integrity: Research Misconduct/Fabrication/Unethical Practices
- Academic/Research: Falsification, Manipulation or Tampering of Data
- Literature Review and Proper Use of E-Resources
- Using Design thinking Methods to Avoid Plagiarism
- Writing Quality Academic Publications: Challenges to avoid plagiarism
- Modes of citation and Acknowledgment
- Introduction to Reference Management Tools (RMT)
- Plagiarism, types and modes to avoid it
- Features and Functionalities of Anti-Plagiarism Software
- Detection of Plagiarism by using Different Online Tools
- Plagiarism Policies, Penalties and Consequences
- Research metrics
- Norms and rules governing prescriptive writing
- Arrangement of content and structure of writing articles
- Art of quoting judgements
- Guide to legal citation
- Citation of resources, articles, journals, reports etc