ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies is conducting a 3 Day National webinar on “Constitutional Morality and Transformative Constitutionalism” from 14th October 2020 to 16th October 2020. The idea of transformative constitutionalism focuses on the role of the state and the nature of obligation imposed on the state to ensure protection of individual rights. Unlike the traditional understanding of the role of the state, where the state takes a back seat and intervenes only as prescribed by the Constitution, the key element of the transformative constitutionalism is to ensure the emancipation and constant development of the Constitution to secure the ideals of liberty, equality and fraternity through an active, positive and dynamic role played by the state in safeguarding these rights. The Indian judiciary in the recent past, through path breaking landmark decisions, has changed the face of Part III of the Constitution. Giving due importance to substantive equality and anti-discrimination, the Courts have recognised the need to remove a static interpretation of the equality and dignity clauses in India and to have a Constitution that is guided on the principles of transformation rather than medieval notions of hierarchy and discrimination.
The webinar intends to create discussions over such a shift in the adjudication of constitutional morality and thereby enhance the understanding of Constitutionalism, Transformative Constitutionalism and the Constitutional Morality doctrine in India used as a tool in adjudicating fundamental rights. The webinar will be held virtually. The details will be mailed few days before the webinar.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Quality research papers on the themes mentioned above are invited from Academicians, Researchers, Scholars, Students and Bar & Bench. Only one co-author is permitted. The co- author is also required to pay the registration fees.
- The abstract should not exceed 250 words, and must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following
Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/ Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address; Contact Number.
- The abstract should be sent to [email protected] with the subject of the Mail as “Abstract Submission for-Theme-Subtheme-name of the author”.
- The submission should be in word format
- After selection of abstract, the full paper shall be submitted to [email protected] . The full paper should be between 3000-4000 words, excluding footnotes.
- Font Size- 12, Font- Times New Roman, Line spacing- 1.5, Footnotes- Bluebook 20th Edition, footnote size- 10, Line Spacing of footnotes- single. End notes are not allowed. The submission should be in word format.
- The research paper should be thematic, and identification of sub-themes is highly appreciated.
- All research papers shall be subject to the scrutiny of anti-plagiarism software and the approval of the Editorial Board.
- All research papers will be allowed to be presented virtually during the webinar.
Selected research papers after peer review will be published in the form of a book with ISBN Number.